Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Targeting white blood cells with smart phones?

So nowadays, we use our smart phones to do everything! Why not use them to cure cancer? I was sitting in class tonight when I got an amazing idea for my Design #1.

Here's the breakdown:
I've been thinking for awhile now how  to target the white blood cells once I do separate them from all the other junk in the blood stream. It is essentially like the defense missile system the government uses to shoot down rogue satellites and potential enemy weapons. Ridiculously complicated and expensive stuff. Well my answer is smart phones!
I just so happen to have a Samsung Indulge lying around that I have been meaning to create apps just for fun. Now I have a practical application I am going to produce. These smart phones come infused with a bunch of gizmos including a fast processor, ample memory, a good quality camera, accelerometer, voice recognition, wifi, and gps! Basically all of the essentials needed for the brain of a "missile seeking instrument" or a white blood cell radiating machine!

Consider this!

What if you had a smart phone fitted with a convex lens that has the ability to view white blood cells at a microscopic level?
 And what if that smart phone controlled a laser with the ability to vaporize white blood cells on a three dimensional axis?

I have no intention of building this system from scratch! I intend to use systems already proven and perfected, put them together like Lego's and create a machine that hopefully will be used in the future.

Check back soon for progress!

No comments:

Post a Comment